Ways to Reduce Workers Comp Costs
Pathway to Savings
Employer awareness and involvement helps reduce workers’ compensation costs related to claims, improves mod rates and lowers premiums.
- Develop relationships with your insurance agent and FFVA Mutual ‘s safety and claims team for their resources and expertise.
- Establish an anti-fraud plan and make your policies known. Workers’ comp fraud costs over $7 billion annually. Remind all employees to report suspected fraud.
- Inform your insurance agent on any company changes (ie: YTD claim count, payroll, classification, etc.). Even minor updates may impact premium costs to reduce workers’ comp costs.
- Report all workplace injuries immediately. Early reporting allows your claims adjuster to begin managing the claim quickly and reduce potential medical costs.
- Share your return to work program with employees, supervisors and managers, on what is expected.
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis training so employees know how to perform their jobs safely, and identify potential hazards that could result in an injury.
- Encourage employees at every level to attend regular safety training events and webcasts.
- Know your experience modification rate. The frequency and size of claims determine your rating. Lower mod rate = lower premium.
- Create and maintain a safety culture in your workplace. Reduced accidents directly impact costs. Login to Safety Key to access our Safety Program Guides.
- Reward employees for their safety efforts. This improves morale, productivity and most importantly, reduces on the job injuries.
- Provide transitional/modified light duty assignments to demonstrate your company’s return to work commitment toward employee wellness and retention.
Looking for additional workers’ comp, claims and safety information? View our popular blog posts for ideas and resources.
FROM OUR BLOGSEE MORE POSTS
Steering Clear: Safety Tips to Reinforce During Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Stay Focused: Avoid Distracted Driving In order to ensure employees' well-being, an employer must always prioritize... moreRead more
What is a Safety Stand-Down?
Learn About Safety Stand-Downs Workplace safety should be a paramount concern for every organization Unfortunately,... moreRead more
Understanding ANSI’s first aid kit requirements
ANSI First Aid Kit Requirements No matter how committed you are to workplace safety, accidents happen When they do,... moreRead more