7 Questions with Theresa Russell
This month, we’re catching up with Theresa Russell, FFVA Mutual’s claims adjuster in North Carolina and Virginia. Get to know Theresa better through her answers to our 7 questions!
Solutionist Spotlight: Theresa Russell
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you. I come from a huge Brady Bunch Family. I have 10 brothers and sisters – 5 brothers and 5 sisters. I am right in the middle. My husband calls me the spoke that holds everyone together.
- What’s your favorite outdoor activity? My favorite outdoor activity is running. I run no less than 3 times a week. I usually run about 8 half marathons a year and I’m part of the NCRC (North Carolina Road Runners) 1,000 miles-a-year club. I am also a Team Captain every April for the Duke Brain Tumor Center in Durham, North Carolina. Next April will be my 16th year and I have raised over $45,000 to date. I started running this 5k in April 2004 not knowing that my Dad who raised me would pass away from this awful disease December of the same year.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Professionally, my greatest achievement is earning my Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation. Personally, my greatest achievement is my family.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? One of my favorite places that I have traveled is Germany near the Austrian border. The air is crisp and the country is very clean. I mean, have you ever been anywhere in the USA that you see street cleaners cleaning the lights on a light post? I also enjoyed driving on the autobahn probably too much. One of the prettiest sights is the Schloss Neuschwanstein Castle in Schwangau, Germany. This is what Walt Disney used as his example when he designed Cinderella’s castle.
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13? If I could go back to the quiet girl at age 13 who wanted to be a nun, I would tell her that everything works out for her. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- What was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had? The most interesting job I ever had was when I was a trainer for American Airlines. As a trainer, I was able to go to interesting destinations to familiarize myself with that country. One of my co-workers as well as myself actually opened up the Caribbean Department for American Airlines.
- What is the first (or last) concert you attended? The last concert I attended was in San Diego September 2018 when I saw 38 Special. “So caught up in you little girl.” This is inscribed inside my wedding ring and my wedding dress still fits! We celebrated 29 years this past November.
Looking for more Solutionist Spotlights? Click here
FROM OUR BLOGSEE MORE POSTS
Safeguarding the Roads: A Look at Distracted Driving Policy
The High Cost of Distracted Driving As an employer, it's your responsibility to ensure the well-being of your staff, and... moreRead more
Steering Clear: Safety Tips to Reinforce During Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Stay Focused: Avoid Distracted Driving In order to ensure employees' well-being, an employer must always prioritize... moreRead more
What is a Safety Stand-Down?
Learn About Safety Stand-Downs Workplace safety should be a paramount concern for every organization Unfortunately,... moreRead more