7 Questions with Heather Scuderi
Solutionist Spotlight: Heather Scuderi
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? My greatest achievement is being the person I am today working in my current position as a claims supervisor. Many people would be surprised to know that I grew up with a parent that had an addiction and have lived on my own since I was 16 years old. My first job at FFVA Mutual was in the mailroom 23 years ago, and I’ve worked very hard to be where I am today and the person I’ve become.
- What do you think is the most important quality needed for success? I believe Integrity is the most important quality you need to succeed. A great work ethic and ability to work in harmony with your co-workers are also important.
- Question What’s your favorite aspect of your job? In my current role, I enjoy helping the claim assistants I supervise reach their goals and teaching them easier, more efficient ways of managing their tasks.
- What’s your favorite memory/moment about a solution you helped an agent, insured, claimant with? Recently, I had an employer that was upset and did not understand the reason behind sending wages. I explained why we need this information and the importance of having the correct wages. It’s nice when you can eliminate stress an employer may experience during the claims process. Why is it important to have correct wages? To ensure the injured worker is receiving what he/she was prior to the accident, and to pay benefits accurately if owed.
- Which day of the work week are you the most productive? I would say I am most productive Monday through Friday, but I feel I accomplish the most on Mondays, as they are always very busy days.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was younger, I wanted to be a veterinarian because I love animals!
- What do you like to do your spare time? In my spare time, I enjoy camping and spending time with my family.
FROM OUR BLOGSEE MORE POSTS
Safety Standards and OSHA Compliance Navigating workplace regulations can be complex, but there's one entity you don't... moreRead more