7 Questions with David Kohl
Last modified on September 1st, 2021In this Solutionist Spotlight, we’re catching up with Safety Supervisor David Kohl. Based in North Carolina, read what David wanted to be when he was a kid and the best place he’s traveled to. Learn more about him in his answers to our 7 questions below.
Solutionist Spotlight: David Kohl
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Completing my Master of Science degree from East Carolina University in Safety Management 12 years after graduating with my Bachelor degree.
- What do you think is the most important quality needed for success? I think the most important quality needed for success is to admit when you don’t know something, and seek out the answers. Learning is a lifelong process. We are fortunate to have a wealth and variety of experience at FFVA Mutual that someone is likely to know the answer.
- What’s your favorite aspect of your job? Without a doubt, being part of a very talented and diverse group. FFVA Mutual’s safety and loss control team is like a second family to me, and my service team of Karin Dickens and Theresa Russell are second-to-none.
- Which day of the work week are you the most productive? Wednesday tends to be the most productive day for me. Monday and Friday are report writing and appointment making, and Tuesday and Thursday tend to be for travel for overnight policyholder visits.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? As a kid, I wanted to be an attorney. My mother said I had a knack for arguing and I can’t say I disagree.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? I don’t have much spare time since my daughter plays competitive soccer on a regional/national level team. Her soccer schedule has taken us from Orlando to Cincinnati to New York City and everywhere in between.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? My oldest daughter’s high school marching band participated in the 2020 New Year’s Day parade in Rome, Italy. Not only was this a great experience for her, but we were able to see many of the attractions including Pompeii, the Vatican, the Coliseum, the Roman Forum, and Trevi Fountain.