7 Questions with Karen Johnson
This Solutionist Spotlight is shining on Karen Johnson, safety supervisor at FFVA Mutual with over 25 years’ experience in the industry. As our safety training and webcast expert, she is a familiar face to many of our agents and employers.
Get to know Karen better through her answers to our 7 questions!
Solutionist Spotlight: Karen Johnson
- What do you like most about working at FFVA Mutual? My job is rewarding in a lot of ways, but what I like most is educating our policyholders on ways they never thought of, or knew, to control loss and improve workplace safety. I like the partnerships and relationships we develop over the years with our contacts. We are not numbers driven, we are people driven.
- How do you define success? I see it as a journey or even a moment in time. Daily successes, and even failures, make us who we are and put us in the place we are in at the moment. When you can look back and see how your failures helped you – that is success.
- What do you think are the most important qualities for success.
• Treat EVERYONE as a customer and give them the best of you
• Follow through, do what you say you are going to do
• Always do the right thing
• Be trustworthy, be predictable
• Use setbacks as opportunities to grow
- If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? My Uncle Jumbo. He was a Vietnam vet and my personal hero. He had strong family values, integrity and true grit. He loved with his whole heart, but could stand strong against adversity. He knew how to get up, brush himself off and keep going.
- What is your most treasured possession? I actually have a lot of treasures from my family….but the one I most treasure is the birthstone ring my grandmother gave me when I was 12. My grandmother bought all of her granddaughters a birthstone ring when they turned 12. I am passing on the tradition to my granddaughters.
- Where is your favorite place to be? Anywhere I ride my bike on River Road along the Indian River. There’s always a nice breeze and I usually see dolphins and manatees along the way.
- What would you like to be remembered for? I don’t have a memory where I have done something grandiose that should be remembered for, but when I am thought of, I would like it to be for who I am and what I stand for. I would like to be remembered for my strength and compassion.
Bonus: What is the first (or last) concert you attended? First: Bad Company | Last: Elton John
Looking for more Solutionist Spotlights? Click here