7 Questions with Barbara Cleveland
Last modified on May 20th, 2019
This month, we’re catching up with Barbara Cleveland, claims adjuster at FFVA Mutual with 35+ years of workers’ comp experience. Based out of Kentucky, she’s a fan of horse racing, instrumental music and always has a few surprises up her sleeve.
Get to know Barbara better through her answers to our 7 questions below.
Solutionist Spotlight: Barbara Cleveland
- What is your favorite memory/moment about a Solution you provided an agent, employer or injured worker? My favorite memory is receiving one of the most heart-felt thank you cards from a severely injured worker thanking me for my kindness, patience and compassion during his recovery. This gentleman had suffered a traumatic amputation and despite months of necessary rehabilitation, I never once heard him complain – he was always optimistic about his recovery and return to work. This was early in my career, but his card has remained one of my brightest memories of being a claims adjuster.
- What do you think are the most important qualities for success? Self-motivation, integrity, and a genuine passion for the role you play in your company’s business.
- Tell us three things most people don’t know about you.  I hold a CWCP (Certified Workers Compensation Professional) designation,  I play the flute (and love woodwind instrumental music), and  I’m terrified of storms & birds!
- What have you always wanted to try and never did? Skydiving…but we’ll see if I keep a promise to myself to skydive at #60!
- What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life? Losing the use of my dominant right hand/arm. After suffering a severe injury at age 13, I learned to use my left hand proficiently (writing, eating, etc.) which is much more difficult than one would imagine. Luckily, through multiple surgeries and extensive rehab through the years, I have regained most of the use of my right arm.
- What are your favorite sport(s) and why? What else? Horse racing and basketball…I am from Kentucky after all!
- What is your most treasured possession? A collection of antique water pitchers passed down to me from my mother. They were my mom’s most treasured possessions, which have now become mine.
Looking for more Solutionist Spotlights? Click here
FROM OUR BLOGSEE MORE POSTS
FFVA Mutual’s 2022 Annual Report
Focused Workers' Comp Services FFVA Mutual’s 2022 Annual Report shares our company’s financial highlights, results... moreRead more
EMR Rating: Understanding the Basics and Its Impact on Your Business
Mastering EMR (Experience Mod) Ratings In today's competitive business landscape, safety and risk management are crucial... moreRead more
Safeguarding the Roads: A Look at Distracted Driving Policy
The High Cost of Distracted Driving As an employer, it's your responsibility to ensure the well-being of your staff, and... moreRead more