7 Questions with Alex Perry
This month’s Solutionist is Alex Perry, FFVA Mutual’s Director of Regional Claims. He’s an avid FSU alumni who has a knack for bringing out the best in others. Find out his thoughts on leadership, his hidden talents, travels and more in his answers to our 7 questions below.
Solutionist Spotlight: Alex Perry
- What is your personal philosophy? The key to life is to find balance in everything.
- What is your favorite part about working for a workers’ comp carrier? Helping people – At the end of the day, we provide an import service to individuals who had the misfortune of getting injured on the job. We take pride getting those folks the services and benefits they need in a timely fashion.
- If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be? Play in a professional NFL football game.
- What do you think are the 3 most important qualities for success? • Being service oriented • Paying attention to detail, and • Following through on commitments.
- What are your “hidden talents”? Landscaping is one of my hobbies and I’m auto repair is another one of my hidden talents. Both come in pretty handy!
- What were the first and last concerts you attended? The first concert I ever attended was Van Halen and the last concert was Hootie & the Blowfish.
- What does true leadership mean to you? Being the “captain of the boat” in the sense that a leader is front and center and always promoting the direction of where we need to go while effectively communicating to each of us how our roles help us get there.