Ladder Safety Stand-Down
Join FFVA Mutual’s 2023 Safety Campaign
Every employer has on-site ladders and step ladders but many times, ladder safety is taken for granted. Using a ladder takes more than common sense, it takes awareness and training. FFVA Mutual’s Ladder Safety Stand-Down focuses on preventing ladder related injuries at work and the importance of fall prevention.
According to OSHA, falls from portable ladders (step, straight, combination and extension) are one of the leading causes of occupational fatalities and injuries. We’re here to help you prevent ladder related injuries at your workplace.
What is a Safety Stand-Down?
A Safety Stand-Down is a voluntary, organized break from work with the goal of bringing employees together to discuss workplace safety.
Why Hold a Ladder Safety Stand-Down?
It’s important for employers to meet with employees to talk about ladder safety and reinforce the importance of fall prevention when using ladders. During the stand-down, be sure to review safe ladder use, inspections, policies and procedures to help prevent ladder injuries at work.
Ideas for Successful Ladder Safety Stand-Down Participation
- Review your company’s Ladder Safety program
- Inspect all ladders and fall protection equipment
- Have workers complete ladder safety training
- Develop hands-on activities to increase ladder hazard awareness
- Encourage active employee participation
After your stand-down, be sure to recognize all employees that participated with this customizable Certificate of Participation.
Sign up Today to Host a Stand-Down!
Complete the form below and one of our Safety Solutionists will contact you with additional information to schedule a ladder safety stand-down at your workplace.
Note: Employer must be a current policyholder with FFVA Mutual.
Planning Tips for your Ladder Safety Stand-Down
- Take a break to talk about how to prevent falls from ladders
- Provide ladder safety training for all workers
- Plan a ladder safety toolbox talk or other safety activity
- Take a photo of your group and tag #FFVA Mutual and #LadderSafetyStandDown
Looking for more ladder safety resources?
View our Stand-Down English Packet
View our Stand-Down Spanish Packet
Register for this Ladder Safety Webcast
Download the NIOSH Ladder Safety App
View our 5 Ladder Safety Inspection Tips flyer