Claims Management Services
FFVA Mutual's claims management team takes an innovative and proactive approach to reducing the cost of claims. We believe that time is well spent in the total management of claims rather than "just paying claims."
Our claims management philosophy is driven by the conviction that time is money. Many of our policyholders agree. If you believe "time is money" and desire to have a carrier that works harder—doing more than "just paying claims" - then FFVA Mutual is the right CHOICE for your workers' compensation insurance coverage needs.
- Policyholders can choose from three options for reporting a claim. Claims can be reported by faxing the initial claim form, accessing our online reporting option, or by calling our 24-hour claims center.
- When a claim is reported, the designated claims team contacts the employer, the injured worker, and the medical provider within 24 hours.
- An individually designated claims adjuster is assigned to manage all claims for each employer to help facilitate communication and assure a timely response to claim inquiries.
- Our in-house claims professionals will explain coverage, benefits, and the settlement process. Our regional claims adjusters will investigate claims to determine compensability and potential subrogation recovery.
- FFVA Mutual takes a proactive approach to cost containment, including utilizing technical computer logic, strict adherence to medical bill review guidelines, and expert nurse case managers and a physician advisor, to uncover costly billing errors and to ensure accurate medical payment.
- We offer the advantage of a built-in managed care program, which includes a comprehensive utilization review process, to ensure appropriate treatment and duration of care for injured workers without added cost.
- FFVA Mutual pays its medical service providers within 14 days. This is 53% faster than the allowable 30-day industry standard. This ensures injured worker benefits are paid timely, the employer remains confident their claims are being properly managed, and medical providers remain responsive to claims staff.
- Our claims adjusters average 10-15 years of claims handling experience and each have an in-depth knowledge of the workers' compensation law.
- FFVA Mutual's internal fraud investigation unit is dedicated to investigating all potential fraudulent workers' compensation claims, performing background investigations, and conducting surveillance.
- Bilingual claims adjusters assist our multicultural employers, injured workers, and medical providers.