Workers’ Comp Premium Fraud Event
*Don’t forget to include your Bar or License number to receive CEU/CLE credits for this presentation.
Workers’ Comp Premium Fraud: What You Need to Know
Live Streamed Event, Thurs, Sept. 27, 9:30 am to 1:00 pm EDT
This in-person and online event presented by the Workers’ Compensation Fraud Task Force covers everything you need to know to identify Workers’ Compensation premium fraud including:
- Premium Fraud – Definition and Impact
- Premium Breakdown
- Premium Fraud Schemes
- Experience Rating
- Money Service Business (MSB) Fraud
- Fraud Detection and Investigation
- Fraud Remedies
Continuing Education: Three (3) Continuing Education Credits will be given to adjusters, underwriters, and licensed insurance agents. Attorneys who attend receive three (3) Continuing Law Credits.
Cost: This event is free of charge for all attendees.
Deborah S. Martin, Esq.
Attorney with Vernis & Bowling of Palm Beach
Deborah is now proud to be a part of Vernis & Bowling in its Property Claims Dept., Coverage Dept. and SIU Dept. She handles all aspects of first and third party property claims from Examinations Under Oath through trial. She provides coverage opinions and handles declaratory relief actions. She further works with various types of insurance carriers on SIU investigations and coordinates with State and federal law enforcement and criminal prosecutors to pursue suspected insurance fraud.
As a part of her many SIU and insurance fraud efforts, Deborah is a designated trainer of new detectives for the Florida Bureau of Insurance Fraud. She has also been the Chair of the Premium Fraud Committee of the Florida Workers’ Compensation Insurance Fraud Task Force for many years and a member of Florida’s Property & Casualty Fraud Task Force. Additionally, she is a frequent guest speaker for the Florida Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC) and International Association of Special Investigation Units (IASIU) Conferences.
Melody Ricardi, ACA, APA, CWCL, CIFI, CPCU
Sr. SIU Investigator with Summit Consulting
- Board certified in Workers’ Compensation and Workers’ Compensation Litigation
- Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator
- Insurance professional for more than 27 years
- Agent trainer in workers’ compensation
- Speaker FIFEC
- Speaker at WCI National Conference
- Voting member SOF Workers’ Compensation Fraud Task Force, Premium Fraud Sub-Committee
AVP – Premium Audit, Summit Holdings
- Assistant Vice-President of Premium Audit
- Masters Degree in Educational Leadership
- Insurance Professional for 14+ years
- Frequent speaker at FIFEC
- Speaker at PAAS
- Chairperson, Premium Fraud Sub-Committee, SOF Workers’ Compensation Fraud Task Force
- Agency trainer/educator regarding premium audit and fraud
- Previous experience as teacher, coach and Dean of Students