Loss Control Services
General Industry Safety Program Guide
FFVA Mutual offers an in-depth general industry safety program guide to help our policyholders develop, implement, and maintain a company safety program. Included in this guide is a checklist that can be used to evaluate an existing safety program or develop a new safety program. An effective safety program focuses on seven key elements:
- Assignment of Responsibility
- Employee Participation, Interest, and Awareness
- Employee Training
- Maintenance of Safe Working Conditions
- Management Leadership
- Managing Losses
- Medical Assistance Program
Industry Specific Safety Program Guides Available
The safety program guides below can be used as stand-alone guides or in conjunction with the General Industry Safety Program Guide.
- Auto Dealership - This safety guide is designed for auto dealerships, body shops, automobile repair garages, and other operations with similar exposures.
- Country Club: Golf Course and Lawn Maintenance - This safety guide is designed for country clubs, golf courses, lawn maintenance contractors, landscape contractors, and businesses that conduct their own lawn maintenance.
- Installation, Repair, and Construction Contractors - This safety guide is designed for artisan contractors such as plumbing, electrical, and air conditioning/heating contractors. This safety guide can also be used by other light construction contractors.
- Restaurant - This safety guide is designed for the restaurant industry but can be used for operations with similar exposures such as retail store deli and caterers. This safety guide provides information specific to restaurant exposures and controls to aid restaurant owners with the development of their safety program.
- School and University - This safety guide is designed for educational institutions and can be used by both private and public schools as well as colleges and universities.
Begin controlling losses today. Contact your FFVA Mutual Loss Control Consultant to obtain a free copy of the safety program guides listed above.