We value you as a customer and take your personal privacy seriously. We will inform you of our policies for collecting, using, securing, and sharing nonpublic personal information (“customer information”) the first time we do business and every year that you are an FFVA Mutual Insurance Co. customer.
Our Privacy Principles
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not provide customer information to persons or organizations outside our FFVA family of companies who are doing business on our behalf, for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services to customers on our behalf, to protect the confidentiality of FFVA Mutual customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information with anyone within the FFVA family of companies, unless you expressly authorize it, or unless your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We afford prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
Information We May Collect
We collect and use information we believe is necessary to administer our business, to advise you about our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information needed for these purposes, such as:
- From you, (on applications for our insurance products, or on other forms, through telephone or in-person interviews, your Insurance Agent, and our Customer Service Representatives) such as your address and telephone number.
- From your transactions with us, such as your payment history, underwriting, and claim documents.
- From non-FFVA companies, such as your claim history.
- From consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit history.
We use customer information to underwrite your policies, process your claims, ensure proper billing, service your account, and offer you other FFVA Mutual insurance or other products and services that we believe may suit your needs.
We share customer information as necessary to handle your claim and to protect you against fraud and unauthorized transaction. For example, we might share customer information such as name, address, and coverage information with a hospital or doctor's office to authorize treatment.
We may disclose customer information about you to persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies as permitted or required by law.
We may also verify information provided by you, such as your driving record; or information regarding your employment, such as your employment history.
FFVA Mutual Protects Customer Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect customer information. We continually review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security in order to help ensure the safety of customer information.
- FFVA MUTUAL INSURANCE CO.
- FFVA-AIM, INC.
- FLORIDA FRUIT & VEGETABLE ASSOCIATION